Watching models on the catwalks you probably think about how beautiful they are and everything suits them so well. And often consider yourself a bit defective as you are not so tall and maybe a bit plump. But does it really make sense in a usual life? Of course, not. And if you choose clothes and accessories correctly you will certainly look good, possibly much better than those fashion icons! Everything depends on you only!
This post is about how to choose a hat if you are petite.
Don’t think that hats make you look even shorter. If you make an effort and select the hat that fits you well you’ll look perfectly.
So, here are some things you should take into consideration:
1. Face shape. If you have a long face choose wider hats with curled or floppy brims and avoid narrow brims, which can add length to your face.
If your face is round choose hats with high brims and angular shapes, avoid round, circular, or floppy-shaped hats and always choose hats that are wider than your face.
You are lucky if you have an oval face as you can get away with almost any style of hat. Experiment with a variety of styles to find what works best for you
2. Your height. Take into consideration your height as it is very important that your headwear match your figure proportions.
3. Choose hats with a small brim and low crown. The brims should not be wider than your shoulders.
4. Avoid big hats, which can be overpowering to small frames.
5. If you are a bit plump your hat should not be too small.
If your hat and hairstyle are perfectly combined you are a focus of attention. Thus, wearing a hat remember the following:
1. Long flowing hair does not look good under the hat if you are petite. It makes the figure look too long.
2. Long hair looks more elegant in a top hair-do (in this case you have to choose a bigger hat) or an up-do.
3. The best variant is short or shoulder-length hair brushed smoothly.
If worn correctly a hat can make a short woman look taller:
1. Don’t wear it on the back of your head, it looks like a nimbus.
2. Wear it down to your eyebrows. It will force you raise your head higher instinctively, stretch your neck and straighten your shoulders, thus looking taller visually.
Choosing the colour of your hat remember that black and white hats look good only on girls with dark hair and fair complexion. Those who have dark-blond hair can wear grey, chocolate, beige and brown hats.
As for the girls with fair hair – they can choose sand-coloured or coffee-coloured hats.
Well, ladies, winter is around the corner and you cannot do without a hat. Keeping in mind all mentioned above make your choice and look perfect!
- petite figure
- big hats
- girls wearing hats
- women hat
- hats for petite women
- how to choose a hat
- woman with hat
- women wearing hats
- woman hats
- hats for women