Wide or narrow, soft or rather rigid, made of leather or fabric, used for practical or just a decorative purpose, it is worn every season and can be of various color, size or form and it is always a necessary item.
This article will provide you with all the information needed to buy a belt of good quality and suitable for you.
It may seem that choosing a belt is not difficult at all but to select the one that fits you greatly and is right according to all the requirements you can have is not so easy.
The best thing you can do if you want to purchase a good belt is go to a specialized store. Shop assistants tend to be aware of latest fashion trends and know well the goods sold in their store. Thus, they will help you and give all necessary advice.
But before they can offer you something you should tell what you want.
Basically the things you need to tell include:
- The role of the belt in your wardrobe: whether it is going to be a practical piece that will provide support and comfort or it will be a nice-looking accessory worn mostly to complement your look. Though the belt can fulfill both of these functions.
- What you are going to wear the belt with: casual jeans, a business suit, an evening gown or an office skirt. If the belt is intended for a particular piece of clothing it can be a stand out and look extravagant. But in case your goal is to find a versatile belt which you will wear almost every day then opt for a classic comfortable item of high quality.
- The size of the belt wanted: as belts can be wide or narrow you should consider the clothes you are going to wear with this belt. If you are to buy the belt for trousers measure the width of the place intended for the belt, otherwise you can buy a piece wider or narrower than you need.
- The color of the belt: if you wear leather shoes and wish to purchase a leather belt try to choose the one of the same color. In the same way you can select the belt that goes with your bag, wallet, gloves or other leather pieces of your wardrobe.
- Belt embellishments: metallic embellishments or any other type of the ones should be combined well with other closing items of your attire and complement your look.
When choosing a belt pay attention to the label and the quality of the material it is made of.
In case you want to purchase a leather belt remember that natural leather is rather soft. If the belt was manufactured by a famous company the label will say what the material is. So, always check the label.
To understand the difference between the artificial and natural leather you have to look at the edges of the belt.
If they are even and folded smoothly and you can hardly find the place it was cut the belt must have been made from artificial leather. Natural leather does not need to be folded; it is neatly cut as it will never change the form of the edges.
Another way to recognize whether the leather is natural or artificial is to burn the edge of the belt. But even if the shop assistant is sure 100 % that he sells natural leather he will never allow you to check that by burning.
Make sure you’ve checked all the details of the belt: the buckle, the material, the edge. If you like everything this belt can be a good option.
And the last thing to mention here is you should try the belt on. It must fit you well, be comfortable and look good. If you have some doubts about it don’t buy it. Look for something else. You will immediately understand what is yours.
I hope these tips will help you choose a good belt that will bring you just positive emotions from wearing it!
- belt butterfly
- belt fashion tips
- BETSEY JOHNSON BELTS
- butterfly belts women
- CHRISTIAN AUDIGIER METALLIC SILVER BELTS CA3012
- selecting a belt for a suit
- tips on how to choose belt