- Before being a model
- Modeling career
- Personal life
- Interesting Facts
- Candice Swanepoel Photos
- Leave Your Comment
Before Being a Model
Candice Swanepoel was born on October 20, 1988 in Mooi River, South Africa small farming village in the Midlands of KwaZulu- Natal – she was spotted by model scout Kevin Ellise in a Durban flea market at the tender age of 15, and by 16 she was earning 5 000 Euros or R40 000 for a day’s work. Kevin Ellise said, ‘It was like… honestly, like a beautiful flamingo walking past my shop. The way she walked past just did it for me”.
She supposedly hit the runway at the nubile age of 16. In 2007 Candice became the first South African model to walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. And since then Candice has done every brand’s grand show. She has appeared in numerous catalogs and TV commercials and in 2010, she became one of the company’s signature Angels.
Candice Swanepoel’s graced the covers for Vogue (Greece, Portugal, Italy, Brazil), ELLE (Germany), GQ, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan (South Africa), and has done editorials for Industrie, V Magazine, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar (Spain, Turkey, Argentina), Love Magazine and Ocean Drive (U.S.).
Candice, who basically works for Victoria’s Secret, also finds time for collaboration with other brands and fashion houses. Throughout her career the South African model has been the face of Agua Bendita, Apriori, Carina Duek, True Religion, Tom Ford, Versace, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Prabal Gurung, Diesel, Fornarina, Guess, Kensie, Nike, Spezzato, Stimorol, Tommy Hilfiger, Versus, and Topshop campaigns.
Swanepoel has walked the runway for Tommy Hilfiger, Fendi, Dolce and Gabbana, Sass and Bide, Betsey Johnson, Diane von Fürstenberg, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior, Chanel, Stella McCartney, Jason Wu, Carolina Herrera, Michael Kors, Donna Karan and numerous other designers. Candice modeled for the Kardashians’ 2010 swimwear line Beach Bunny, Sauvage and Zeki Swimwear 2010.
Candice Swanepoel was voted #61 in FHM Magazine’s annual 100 Sexiest Women in the World poll and made her debut at No. 10 on Forbes‘ The World’s Top-Earning Models list, with estimated earnings of $3 million between 2010 and 2011.
Not much is known about Candice Swanepoel’s personal life. But it is reported that the model has been dating Hermann Nicoli since she met him in Paris when she was 17.
Swanepoel speaks fluent Afrikaans and Portuguese.
Interesting Facts about Candice Swanepoel
- Hot South African model has nipple piercing
- Model scout Kevin Ellis spotted Candice at a Durban flea market.
- Candice Swanepoel is the first South African Victoria’s Secret Angel.
- Candice loves shopping, dancing, being around with friends and being on the beach.
- She lives in New York, NY.
- Candice’s favorite designers are Chloe, DG, Christian Loubouton (shoes) and Marc Jacobs (hand bags).
Candice Swanepoel Photos
- where does candice swanepoel live
- How did Candice Swanepoel become a model
- candice swanepoel phone number
- candice swanepoel biography
- candice swanepoel facts
- candice swanepoel love life
- when did candice swanepoel start modeling
- candice swanepoel story
- candice swanepoel biography model
- how did candice swanepoel become a victoria\s secret model