- Modelling career
- Interesting facts about Lara Stone
- Personal life
- Lara Stone Photos
- Leave Your Comment
Her childhood Lara spent in her hometown.
When Stone turned 12 she was first approached by an agent who offered her to become a model. It happened in the Paris Metro on a family vacation. At the age of 15 Stone entered the Elite Model Look contest in 1999 but failed to win. However, she impressed the Elite executives so much that she was signed to the Elite Modeling Agency.
For many years Lara strived to find a decent job as a model but her career took a positive turn only in 2006 when she was signed by IMG. Shortly after that she opened the Givenchy haute couture show in Paris.
Since that her career started developing very fast. She has walked shows for almost every major fashion house: Ann Demeulemeester, Miu Miu, Cacharel, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Lanvin, Miu Miu, Fendi, MaxMara, Pollini, Prada, Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Stella McCartney, Zac Posen, Balmain, Celine, Hermès, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, D&G, Givenchy, Karl Lagerfeld, Missoni, Emanuel Ungaro and Victoria’s Secret. Stone has opened shows for Giles Deacon, Isabel Marant, Christopher Kane, Fendi, and MaxMara, and closed for Diesel, Stella McCartney, and Balmain. Besides, she has been a prestigious “semi-exclusive” for Prada, that means she could not walk any other shows during New York fashion week or any shows in Milan before the Prada show.
Stone has done campaigns for Calvin Klein Make-Up, Calvin Klein Jeans, H&M, Jean Paul Gaultier, Time, DKNY Jeans, Nicole Farhi, Belstaff, DSquared2, CK Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss Orange, De’ Type, Revlon, TSUM, Just Cavalli, Max Mara, Malizia by La Perla, Jaeger, Sisley, Eres, Jil Sander, Louis Vuitton, Forum, Prada and Givenchy (for 5 consecutive seasons).
The model has worked with the best fashion photographers: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, Steven Klein, Steven Meisel, Juergen Teller and Mert & Marcus.
She was featured in plenty of fashion magazines including international versions of Vogue, Elle, The Journal, V magazine, i-D, and W. Stone was also photographed alongside Malgosia Bela, Daria Werbowy, Randal Moore, Mariacarla Boscono, Emanuela De Paula, and Isabeli Fontana for the 2009 Pirelli Calendar. Stone has also participated in Almost Naked Supermodel skateboard project with Isabeli Fontana, Toni Garrn and Edita Vilkeviciute.
Interesting facts about Lara Stone
- Her trademarks include the gap between her front teeth and her wobbly runway walk, which can be attributed to her size 7 feet while regular runway shoe size is 8-10. This explans why she doesn’t like the runway. The model has even said once that while she is on the catwalk she often thinks “Do not fall, do not fall.”
- Stone has become a muse for designers such as Tisci and Karl Lagerfeld.
- August 2009 issue of W declared she was the most-wanted face of the moment.
- Vogue Paris named Stone as one of the top 30 models of the 2000s.
- On February 19, 2010, she was called the world’s number-one fashion model on the international modeling site models.com’s Top 50 Models Women. Besides, she ranks 10th on the site’s “sexiest models” list.
- Being a British size 6 Stone is often called a plus-size model that hurts her a lot. But in fact she is a healthy-size model, a model of the new era in fashion industry. She has tried various diets and exercising but she is still in the shape she was in the beginning of her career. Karl Lagerfeld says Lara ‘made shape trendy and invented a kind of new girly femininity.”
- In 2009 Stone spent a month in rehab because her drinking problem became an issue. Now she doesn’t drink alcohol. But she feels guilty about smoking too much and an addiction to chocolate milk shakes.
- Stone hates working with female photographers ‘because they seem to never be able to make up their minds about what they want to do’.
- When being photographed the model feels like a different person. “I think I do become someone else. In real life, I’m very shy, but people think I’m this angry, sexy kind of . . . god knows what they think! And there I am in front of them, nervous and blushing and stuttering and whatnot. So I’m definitely not the person you see in pictures. I mean, in pictures, you look like something you’re not.”
- Stone has a phobia of flying.
Stone has been dating the British comedian David Walliams since the end of 2009. In January, 2010 the couple oficially announced that they were engaged. Walliams proposed to Stone in Los Angeles. Her parents gave their blessing to the marriage. She is planning to wear a designer wedding dress created by her close friend Riccardo Tisci.
Lara Stone Photos
- larA stone
- jo paul curvy free pictures
- lara stone sister
- larra stone biography
- paakhe of chanel aplus real name and biography and pics
- stone love sight image