The CFDA’s Accessories Designer of the Year, Alexander Wang is planning to sell his purses from Fall/ Winter 2011/ 2012 collection exclusively on Ebay at fixed ‘Buy It Now’ prices.
The range of purses was created to be carried like clutches because the designer said he liked it a lot when girls used their wallets instead of handbags.
Alexander Wang commented:
I’ve always loved when girls carry their wallets as a clutch instead of a bag. It’s inspired the look of the show and the collection itself.”
So, if you liked the pieces from his Fall/ Winter 2011/ 2012 runway show you would want to add those to your wardrobe. You can do it quite easy actually, and without any auction. Prices start at $235 for the compact Quillon, soaring up to $525 for the ponyskin Zelmira design.
Alexander Wang isn’t the first designer to sell his creations on Ebay. Previously Narciso Rodriguez and Derek Lam already used this technique.
Also around the web:
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s Beauties: Bar Refaeli vs. Blake Lively – [ourvanity]
- Professional Tips: How To Survive In Corporation – [mensvanity]
- More for Summer Heat from Victoria’s Secret – [lingerieweapon]
- Color Blocking In Interior Design – [interiorholic]
- Frida Gustavsson by Thomas Klementsson for Contributor #3 – [front-row-view]
- Blake Lively Outside ‘Good Morning America’ in New York City – [girlstalkinsmack]
- Natalie Portman Gives Birth To Son With Fiancee Benjamin Millepied – [earsucker]
- Lady Gaga Performs On France’s X Factor! – [celebdirtylaundry]
- “In Brightest Day and Blackest Night…” New Green Lantern TV Spot – [ineedmyfix]
- Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2012 Collection