One of the oldest non-celebrity style icons, Zelda Kaplan passed away on Wednesday during Joanna Mastroianni’s fashion show held at Lincoln Center. The woman was invited to sit in the front row but as soon as the show started she collapsed and security guards carried her out. Kaplan was transported to Roosevelt Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Joanna Mastroianni, the designer of the fashion show Zelda Kaplan attended, has released a statement:
We are deeply saddened to lose Zelda, such an icon of the fashion community. Zelda has been someone I have known and respected over the years. I truly admired her for her individuality and incredible spirit. She had such a love of life and believed in living everyday to its fullest. She will be sorely missed and my heartfelt condolences to her family.”
Our thoughts are with Zelda Kaplan’s family and friends. RIP.
Also around the web:
- Justin Bieber Has Married! – [glamourvanity]
- Benefits from Looking Good – [mensvanity]
- Wet Hair Trend Tips For Spring/Summer 2012 – [ourvanity]
- Lean Tables by Coordination – [interiorholic]
- Stella McCartney Spring Summer 2012 Lingerie Collection – [lingerieweapon]
- Front Row at New York Fashion Week Fall 2012 – [thefashionspot]
- 3 Celebs, Including Kim Kardashian, Who’ve Been Set Up On A Date – [girlstalkinsmack]
- Finally! A Jennifer Aniston We Have Never Seen Before! – [ineedmyfix]
- 7 Sex And The City Style Tips … – [allwomenstalk]
- Robert Pattinson Snubbed By Kids Choice Awards – [celebdirtylaundry]