It’s really stressful for me to talk about Karl Lagerfeld’s quitting fashion but this moment is approaching and we have to put up with it. Karl is planning to retire soon but he can’t just leave the brand he dedicated years of his life to. He has been looking for a decent substitute for himself. And according to some rumors he might have found a good designer already – Haider Ackermann.
Karl Lagerfeld commented:
I have a contract for life so it all depends on who I would like to hand it to. At the moment I’d say Haider Ackermann.”
Karl is said to be enamored with Ackermann’s designs. Ackermann, for his part, is pleased with Lagerfeld’s blessing.
What can one possibly say to such a phrase?! Such a compliment! Honored I feel, how can one not be?! In all honesty tremendously, immensely touched especially coming from Monsieur Lagerfeld.”
Also across the web:
- Basic things that should be in every woman’s bag – [ourvanity]
- Jeremy Young for Paul Smith Underwear 2011 Ad Campaign – [lingerieweapon]
- Mischa Barton is Under Arrest! – [ineedmyfix]
- Kate Moss Un-Retouched for Self Service – [front-row-view]
- Katy Perry’s Boobs Photoshopped to be.. Smaller? – [girlstalkinsmack]
- chanel to replace lagerfeld by 2014