It’s horrible to write about this but Donatella Versace doesn’t think real women are good enough for wearing her clothes… This conclusion I’ve made after reading the news that she didn’t approve real women for modeling her designs for H&M.
As you know Donatella Versace has recently launched an affordable collection for a high street store H&M which is a great success with customers. But some displeasing information about the photoshoot has emerged today. It is reported that the Daily News arranged a shoot for real NYC women to model pieces from Versace for H&M line but out of three best photos only one was approved by Donatella. The explanation was simple – the woman didn’t “fit [Versace’s] branding.”
Well, unfortunately or fortunately we are not all waif-models who usually demonstrate Versace clothing but we love the brand and we want to wear it. Why saying things like that? Who is that collection intended for then, if not us?
P.S. H&M deny the rumors they we also behind taht denial. They name all teh situation just a ‘misunderstanding.’ They commented:
We are very surprised by the NY Daily news article and do not understand how they came to this conclusion. We can only explain it as a misunderstanding and a series of miscommunication. H&M is a democratic fashion brand and it is not our policy to decide models for fashion features in media. Both H&M and Versace have, over many years, cast from a wide and diverse pool, not only of models, but of celebrities and personalities reflective of all ethnicities, gender, ages and sizes.
Also around the web:
- Rihanna Brings Back the Suspender Style Tights – [glamourvanity]
- Timeless Hairdos For Curly Hair – [ourvanity]
- Futuristic Odyssey Lounge Chair – [interiorholic]
- What to Wear Nipple Tassels With – [lingerieweapon]
- The 10 That Matter: Forbes Most Powerful People – [mensvanity]
- Gaga goes Lady! Lady Gaga is getting more and more elegant – [milliontalks]
- Kristen Stewart is GORGEOUS at Breaking Dawn London Premiere – [ineedmyfix]
- Anna Selezneva Models Mango’s Spring 2012 Lookbook – [front-row-view]
- Paris Hilton Pretty & Poised As She Visits Portofino Sun Center in Beverly Hills (Photos) – [celebdirtylaundry]
- Would You Try This Trend? Drop Waist Dresses – [thefashionspot]