The Kardashian clan seems to be losing its popularity as they receive more and more criticism from both celebrities and ordinary people. The latest news, which can be just rumour though, is that the three sisters Kim, Khloe and Kourtney have their fashion lines produced in ‘inhumane’ Chinese sweatshops.
According to Star magazine workers at a factory in Guangdong, where the clothing from the Kardashian’s lines is manufactured, earn only $1 an hour and have to work up to 84 hours a week in conditions that are similar to ‘minimum-security prisons’.
No comments have been made by the Kardashians so far but their publicist, Jill Fritzo, responded to the allegations. He said the family were taking the claims ‘very seriously’.
Jill Fritzo told Radaronline.com:
This is the first we are hearing about it and take it very seriously as we would never condone this. We are presently investigating the situation.”
Charles Kernaghan, executive director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, said that workers have to work in ‘brutal’ 100˚F temperatures in summer and they get as little as $15 a month in wages.
He also mentioned the atmosphere at the factory was far from being friendly:
You ‘can’t talk during working hours. You can’t listen to music; you can’t stand up and stretch. You can’t even put your head up and look around, or you will be screamed at. If you get permission to use the toilet, you get four minutes. If you’re highly specialized, you cannot even go to the bathroom.”
The fashion lines produced by the factory include K-Dash by Kardashian and the Kris Jenner Kollection.
Also around the web:
- The Kardashians Are Grilled By ‘No Talent’ Statements – [ourvanity]
- Alexandre de Paris Fall/Winter 2011/2012 Hair Accessories Collection – [ourvanity]
- Anne Hathaway- Classical American Beauty – [mensvanity]
- Kate Moss Models Valisere Lingerie – [lingerieweapon]
- MOST INFLUENTIAL CELEBRITY KIDS OF 2011 – [milliontalks]
- Candy Inspired Sugarchair by Pieter Brenner – [interiorholic]
- Prada’s Spring 2012 Campaign is Set at a Retro Gas Station – [front-row-view]
- EXCLUSIVE: Shane Harper Shares His Top 10 Movies of 2011 – [ineedmyfix]
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson Is Spotted Shopping For Wedding Dresses – [celebdirtylaundry]
- Clémence Poésy: Rising Style Star – [thefashionspot]
- 7 Celebrities Snowboarding – [girlstalkinsmack]
- clothes produced in inhumane conditions