Of course you already know the whole story of accusations against John Galliano, and you might have seen that horrible video of him saying really shocking things to women. My point of view about this is quite clear – I believe the designer has to be punished. But what can be the best punishment for such a person? Imprisonment? Hardly.
The designer has already started paying the price. First of all John Galliano has been dismissed from Christian Dior, and the brand named after of him is also in danger, at least the PR of it. Second, his reputation in the fashion industry has definitely become insignificant as few professionals will want to work with a person who feels free to throw racist words into faces of people. And the last, he is well-known for having serious problems with alcoholism and behavior, so maybe it is a better idea to send him to a rehab where he recovers. After he gets better he should publicly apologize and probably compensate moral damage to persons he has offended.
Speaking about the future of Christian Dior, I am sure the brand will move forward by hiring someone as talented. And there are some suppositions on the subject already. Some experts say Riccardo Tisci or Alber Elbaz can get the position. Other names that have been thrown around are Haider Ackermann, Olivier Theyskens, and Heidi Slimane. But whoever to work for Christian Dior I hope the designs will be as feminine and sophisticated as they have been in John Galliano’s time.
Also around the world:
- Top 10 Hottest Lingerie Models – [mensvanity]
- Weird Celebrity Beauty Routines – [ourvanity]
- Lady Gaga in OMD Lingerie for Born This Way Music Video – [lingerieweapon]
- How to Clean Your Home in Minutes – [interiorholic]
- Liu Wen by Miles Aldridge – Vogue Italia February 2011 – [front-row-view]
- Keira Knightley for Coco Mademoiselle – [girlstalkinsmack]
- Lindsay Lohan Surveillance Tape Backs Up Her Claims Of Innocence – [ineedmyfix]
- Taylor Swift & Jake Gyllenhaal’s Oscars after party run-in – [earsucker]
- Legendary Star Jane Russell Dies Aged 89 – [celebdirtylaundry]
- Stars of Glee Cooking and Other Celeb Twitpics of the Week – [thefashionspot]