Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen can do all they want!
They never run out of new ideas!
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, from Forbes’ richest celebrities list, presented their coffee table book named Influence, filled with photos and essays on the twins.
Editor Derek Blasbery writes in the forward that the making of the book followed a simple routine:
Mary-Kate and/or Ashley Olsen would pick me up and take me to a location where a scheduled interview would take place with a creative visionary.”
One version of the 272-page hardcover book released October 28 will feature Mary-Kate on the cover, with Ashley on the back, while the other version swaps their positions.
The book also includes interviews of the 20 profiles mainly covering fashion designers Karl Lagerfeld, Diane Von Furstenberg, John Galliano and Christian Louboutin, as well as model-actress Lauren Hutton.
Here are some quotes from the interviews:
-Mary-Kate went as a Japanese bondage girl to a NYC Halloween party last year. Ashley was a little vampire girl in a Victorian dress.
- Giambattista Valli said:
Mary-Kate has an innate sense of style that follows no rules. Her personal style surpasses fashion. I’d like to design a couture gown for her that she can wear then cut into a minidress or a fantastic sleeping bag.”
- From Diane Von Furstenberg when asked about her story:
I always knew the woman I wanted to be — I knew I wanted to be a woman who was independent, a woman who was in the driving seat, a woman who didn’t need for the man to decide.”
-Since he started dieting 8 years ago (and lost a substantial amount of weight), Karl Lagerfeld hasn’t touched anything bad. No sugar, no cheese! And he doesn’t take time off from work to vacation. Quite restrictive.
-Mary-Kate describes her casual attitude toward fashion this way:
I don’t know—you’re either on the worst-dressed list or you’ve started a fashion trend. I think there’s a real disconnect between the media’s perception of fashion and the fashion world’s idea of fashion. I don’t know why I wear some of the things I wear. I like wearing crazy things sometimes. I like being playful. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing dress-up and becoming a character. It’s sort of like an art. It can change your mood or the way that people are attracted to you.”
Who’s An Influence?
Here’s a list of everyone interviewed in the book, in alphabetical order.
* Peter Beard (Artist)
* Alexandre de Betak (Fashion Show Producer)
* Bob Colacello (Writer)
* David Collins (Interior Designer)
* George Condo (Artist)
* Francisco Costa (Fashion Designer)
* Diane von Furstenberg (Fashion Designer)
* John Galliano (Fashion Designer)
* Lazaro Hernandez & Jack McCollough (Fashion Designers)
* Lauren Hutton (Model)
* Karl Lagerfeld (Fashion Designer)
* Peter Lindbergh (Photographer)
* Christian Louboutin (Shoe Designer)
* Margherita Missoni (Fashion Designer)
* Robert Lee Morris (Jewelry Designer)
* Ashley Olsen
* Mary-Kate Olsen
* Jack Pierson (Artist)
* Richard Prince (Artist)
* Terrgy Richardson (Photographer)
* Giambattista Valli (Fashion Designer)
* Evan Yurman (Jewelry Designer)
If you don’t know who some of those people are, the book is worth getting just to find out! There are some really great and inspiring people featured, and if you love fashion, they’re certainly names to know!
- mary kate and ashley quotes
- mary kate and ashley olsen photoshoot
- mary kate and ashley influence quotes
- Mary-kate and ashley quotes
- bob colacello olsen influence interview
- influence mary kate and ashley olsen quotes
- mary kate ashley quotes
- quotes from influence mary kate and ashley