When you get extremely cold you usually forget about how you look. All you want is to find something that can make you feel warmer and don everything you lay your hands on.
As a result you might look terrible but feel happy about getting warmer. To prevent such situations think of them in advance!
Try to choose the things that will really help you to be protected from the winter cold.
Here are some of the tips on how to dress warm but remain stylish.
1. Prefer natural rather than synthetic materials. Naturals, such as wool or cashmere, keep you warm even when it is wet. Besides, natural fabrics breathe better.
However, don’t disregard synthetics either, especially if they are used as wind-breaking materials.
2. Dress in layers. Each piece of your closing represents a separate layer. The space between your layers is filled with air that works as insulation. So, the more layers of insulation, the better. Layers are also needed to trap the air better. For example, if you have only an overcoat on, the warm air next to your body will leak out of the top and bottom of the overcoat very fast as you move. Layers help to hold this air in. And one more advantage of layers is that you can take them off progressively when you get too warm.
3. Make sure you don’t sweat. When you get too warm you sweat. When you sweat, you get wet.
And the last and the worst, when you get wet, you get cold. To avoid sweating take off your layers as you get hot. You can take off your hat or mittens, or unbutton your coat.
4. Decide which parts of your body you want to keep warmest. It is very important to make priorities about that. Every organism is different and there is no one possible advice for all people. But it’s actually not difficult to decide.
For example, for me it is as follows: feet, chest, head, neck, hands and then legs. Thus, following your priorities pay attention to the most important areas.
5. Remember that your head is a top priority for your organism. If you don’t feel your head is cold it doesn’t mean it isn’t. Your head is a great heat radiator! When it’s bare you lose great amount of warmth. You probably think that other parts of your body get cold but head doesn’t.
You’re mistaken. Keeping your brain warm is so important that your organism will sacrifice all the other organs to protect your head if it is in danger. So, if you feel your hands or something is cold maybe your head needs to get warm!
6. Wear warm boots. Your feet are very vulnerable as they contact the cold ground. So, choose the boots that can work best for making your feet warm. Don’t forget about warm (better if they are wool) socks, it’s better if there is more than one pair (to make a better insulation!).
7. Wear warm underwear. Yes, it doesn’t look so hot and sexy as usual sets but it certainly helps you to keep warm.
8. Keep your neck warm. Neck can be a heat radiator either if it’s not protected. So, leave as little skin exposed as possible. A scarf around your neck or a jacket that zips up to your neck will do.
I understand that this list is far from being exhaustible but some of these tips will be helpful for sure!
- snow girl
- kışlık ayakkabı