Pregnancy is a period when most mothers-to-be stop thinking about fashion.
But why, Ladies? Always keep in mind that a woman should look perfect at any time and any place despite all the circumstances.
Pregnancy is not a disease that makes you look ugly. No!!! It is something that accentuates your beauty, your femininity!
Of course, you need to change your wardrobe but it doesn’t mean you should dress in formless garments. Here are some do’s and don’ts you must think of before shopping for maternity clothes.
Don’t forget your personal style. If you used to wear jeans and flowy tops find the pieces that are the same style but bigger in size.
If you start wearing tailored maternity dresses everyone will say you look worse, not because you do look worse but because they like you wearing another type of clothing. Besides, you will feel more comfortable yourself about your outfit.
Don’t wait too long to buy maternity clothes. Everything is good in its season. Your pregnant body will increase in size day by day and wearing smaller garments than you actually need is not a good idea.
Don’t buy all your maternity clothes at once.
It is impossible to tell exactly how your body will look at Week 28 when you are at Week 12. So, buy a few pieces as your body changes.
Don’t wear large “tent-like” shapeless dresses. They do not look well.
Do find tops that are cut to be form-fitting against your growing belly.
A top that shows the contour of your belly is much more flattering than something baggy covering you from top to bottom. Look for tops with ties, ruching or one that has a gathered hem under the belly.
This will prevent the “I’m-wearing-a-tent” look. Wear a bump-hugging dress with side shirring for a sexy look.
1. Jeans. Jeans are a perfect choice for your casual wear. When choosing a nice pair pay attention to the following: adjustable waistband, stretch material and a flattering cut.
These things are necessary to take into account as you might probably need to wear this pair for some period after baby is born.
2. Cargo Pants. A nice item, as you can wear them just everywhere. Wear them with a fitted tee or an empire-waist top.
3. Skirt. Look for a skirt of a plain color, preferably dark, with a stretchy waistband.
4. Dress: A wrap jersey dress is a good decision. You may want to wear it for an evening out with your husband or friends.
However, thanks to Angelina Jolie maxi dresses are getting fashionable as well. So, you may choose what you like best.
5. Tops: Pick up a figure-hugging top with a cute neckline to accentuate your bump. A flirty and feminine empire-waist shirt is also a great look, and you can never go wrong with a fitted tee.
6. Belt. Pair your long top with a belt below or above your growing bump. This style has been recently introduced by Camila Alves (Matthew McConaughey’s girlfriend).
7. Floral pattern. Pregnant ladies all over the world came to love floral dresses, tops, pants, and even bags.
8. Leggings. Leggings have become extremely popular as Lindsay Lohan and plenty of other celebs started to wear them. Pregnant women wear leggings either, as they look nice and keep warm, that is essential with the winter so close to us.
9. Little black dress. However, it should not be so little. Prefer a bit longer designs with empire waists or something with ruching. The gown can be dressed up or down, depending on your shoes and accessories.
10. Flat shoes. I think there is no need to explain that mommies-to-be should wear flats instead of high heels.
I hope these pieces of advice will help you to look trendy and beautiful! May God bless you and your kids!
- maternity looks
- maternity leggings
- pregnancy evening dresses
- maternity evening gowns
- red carpet pregnant dresses
- maternity evening dress
- pregnancy outfits
- maternity dresses red carpet
- stylish mom to be
- red carpet maternity dress