Dame Westwood wouldn’t be she if she created something that was ordinary. She is always very extravagant and her works make us feel surprised every season.
For Paris Fashion week the designer focused on the bluestocking young lady and footpad theme. Extremely colorful and unusual outfits were modelled on the show with girls sometimes looking funny and playful and in other times strict and even threatening.
Although garments seemed to have been made from old fabrics and worn-earlier clothes we know that each piece was actually the result of Westwood’s creation, an elaborate piece that costs lots of money.
Plenty of knee-length dresses looked pretty and eccentric but some were definitely wearable. There were lots of prints of any kind, from flowers to stars and even crowns. By the way, some models wore crowns on their heads – flamboyant and huge, adding an ironic touch to the collection.
Socks and shoes were again together. And maybe it’s a good thing as they do make us feel much warmer, though it looks not as glamorous.
- vivienne westwood 2011
- vivienne westwood clothes
- vivienne westwood fall 2011
- vivienne westwood fall winter 2011
- vivienne westwood winter 2011
- vivienne westwood 2011 collection
- vivienne westwood collection 2011
- vivienne westwood dresses 2011
- Vivienne Westwood Men Fall 2010: Derelict
- vivienne westwood création