Rightly deserving the name of the most impressive fashion accessories, jabots refer to frilling and ruffles, which come to be a special stylish finish for blouses, shirts and dresses. It is a stylish neckwear usually featuring lace fabrics, which can be attached to a collar and comes down from the neck to the chest. We are going now to talk about this intriguing clothing accessory and learn how to wear jabot and what to wear it with.
Over time, jabot has transferred from a solemn clothing accessory in a lady’s wardrobe to a more austere attribute of a strict business look. Today, jabot goes to its roots. It gives elegance, sophistication, aristocracy and artistry to a semi-transparent cocktail dress, a vintage lace toga or a modest office blouse. This year, modern fashionisers love to wear some brightly colored tops of chiffon or satin, which have this lovely detail attached. In the modern world of fashion, jabot quite often comes in the forms of frills used as a finishing touch for shoes, bags or swimwear.
This quite capricious clothing detail requires certain skills and knowledge in order to look feminine and stylish, rather than funny and trashy. Follow these tips, while wearing jabot:
- Jabot refers not only to the business style, but also casual. You can wear a pair of jeans with a cream shirt featuring a jabot: this will look very feminine and romantic.
- When it comes to the business style, jabot looks ideal on a body-hugging dress, slim line shirts or blouses with more relaxed sleeves. Nowadays, especially popular are two-part dresses consisting of a pencil skirt and a shirt with a large jabot.
- Try to be discreet in your color choices while dealing with jabot. Think white, cream, black, gray and other monochromatic simple blouses with this detail. Avoid color-blocking or heavy graphic prints: in this case jabot loses its charm and looks already too much.
- Jabot looks amazing when matched with body-hugging pieces, such as a pencil skirt, tight leggings, straight pants or high-waisted shorts.
- Never wear a shirt or a blouse featuring a big jabot with other pieces with frills or ruffles! If you ever do, you are sure to look like a big Christmas tree.
- Wearing a blouse with a jabot, forget about your favorite necklace: frills are so rich, that never require any additional accessories around the neck.
- When it comes to accompanying jewelry pieces, go for some vintage or classic gold earrings with precious stones. Avoid wearing futuristic products made of plastic or rubber.
- Last but not least, pay attention to your makeup. Jabot attracts so much attention that too bold makeup will spoil its elegant effect.
Although at first glance, jabot may seem to be quite difficult to sport, if you follow our precious fashion tips, you are sure to look refined and gorgeous in clothes with this lovely detailing.
- how to wear a jabot
- how to wear a jobot
- jabot collar
- jabot collars
- lanvin jewelry sale