Dressing right for different occasions is very important if you want to be taken seriously. A cocktail reception is a party where guests are provided with refreshments rather than full sit-down dinner. Cocktail parties can be small informal weddings or corporal events, a book launch or a boutique opening. While cocktail party is not a black tie event with the strictest dressing rules it is not a casual dress event either.
So, here are the rules you have to follow to look great at a cocktail party:
1. Put on a cocktail dress which is chic and elegant. The length of a cocktail dress normally ranges from a few inches above the ankles to above the knees. Forget about dresses which give you too much exposure. Try to choose something appropriate.
2. Accessorize your attire. Opt for jewelry that flatters your dress but don’t overdo: one or two items will be enough. Don’t forget about a good purse, it is essential to carry it while holding a drink.
3. Wear dress shoes. Heels are the best option but flats are acceptable, too. Think of comfort, cocktail party is usually long and you will have to be on your feet all the time.
4. Pay attention to styling. Spend extra time on your hair, nails and makeup. Messy look is not a good idea for a cocktail party.
Having these simple rules in mind you will look perfect at a cocktail party.
- cocktail party attire
- how to dress for a cocktail party
- cocktail party
- cocktail party looks
- how to dress for cocktail party
- can i wear a maxi dress to a cocktail party
- lady gaga ema outfit
- can you wear a long dress to a cocktail party
- dressing for a cocktail party
- can you wear a maxi dress to a cocktail party