Sneakers and a suit is usually thought of as an unlikely combination but it’s possible to pull it off and look stylish. A lot depends on the style of the suit and the sneakers you’re wearing as well as wether it’s appropriate to the ocassion. There is many comfortable footwear that doesn’t scream “Sports!” and suits that don’t have you committed to wear dress shoes only. Thus by choosing the right style of these both items and throwing in the right accents you can create a comfortable casual smart look.
How To Pull Off Suit With Sneakers:
Wearing a classic black tuxedo with sneakers is way trickier than pulling off a more casual suit with a pair of stylish kicks. Here is a great example of a light neutral suit completed with blue sports shoes. The outfit is balanced because of the blue accents – pocket square and blue gray tie.
Sneaker color scheme is very important. Choose sneakers according to your suit color. Coordinate colors by matching or mixing them up. Neutral suits can be worn with bolder colors like gray with red, or sand with blue. Also pay attention to the color of your shirt. It can be matched to the sole of your sneakers to make the outfit look more balanced and harmonious.
Dressing down the suit can make it easier to pair it with the sneakers:
- Swap a formal shirt for a T-shirt.
- Pair suit pants with a sports/leather jacket, a T-shirt, a cardigan that matches your sneakers (ther are some great examples in Valentino’s menswear collection).
- Pair a suit jacket with jeans. Don’t forget to coordinate colors.
- Get rid of the tie, bowtie for a more casual look.
- suit with sneakers
- suit and sneakers
- sneakers with suits
- sneakers with suit
- sneakers with a suit
- suit sneakers
- wearing sneakers with suit
- wearing a suit with sneakers
- suits with sneakers
- how to wear sneakers with a suit