Red is probably one of the most beautiful and interesting colors. Both men and women love red but when it comes to wearing it people feel a little scary because not everyone can really pull this color off. So, why is red so terrifying? First of all because whenever you wear red you have to make sure you look 100% perfect as you will inevitably get into the center of attention. There is simply no way that you will be left unnoticed. Second reason why most of us opt to avoid red is that if you have even an insignificant skin problem (a pimple, fake tan applied not as smoothly as you expected, etc.) red will just accentuate that. And the third, the wrong tone of red can make you look sick. Making a preliminary conclusion we can say that red is not easy to wear but when you do it right you can never look or feel better. So, it’s worth taking a little time and adopting this complicated color to your wardrobe.
How To Wear Red And Look Great
The first thing we will speak about is how to choose the right tone of red for women with different skin tones. Here are a few tips:
- Women with light blonde hair and pale blue, gray or green eyes should stick with pale reds with a blue undertone. Any orangey shades should be avoided though.
- Ladies with dark brown or black hair, dark eyes and olive or dark complexion will look terrific wearing dark and strong reds with a blue undertone. No orangey tones will work though.
- Redhead women with eyes of any color and golden skin tone should opt for orangey reds and stay away from blue-based reds.
- Ash blond and grey-haired ladies will look their best in purple-reds and blue-based red tones. Orangey shades are not for you though.
- Women with dark brown or black hair and blue, green or grey eyes can wear the brightest red and look great.
- Those with dark blonde or brown hair and soft-colored eyes will look amazing wearing soft and muted reds.
How To Wear Red
- Red and white as well as red and black look gorgeous but by wearing it you will not surprise anybody as these combinations are the most common. However, you can mix all the three and look chic.
- To create interesting looks play with different red tones. Combine tomato red with hot fuchsia, pale red with deep violet, coral with light rosy, etc.
- Try making bolder combinations like red and blue, red and beige, experiment with green shadows.
- Red printed pieces also look wonderful. Besides, they aren’t as aggressive and attention-grabbing. Try a red polka dot blouse or a sexy floral-printed skirt to play it safe.
- If you are not ready for a daring red outfit add a red accessory as an accent. A bright scarf, a pair shoes or a lovely clutch will be enough. You can even try a bright red lipstick to brighten up your look.
Where To Wear Red
Red is a beautiful color but you cannot wear it everywhere. It is perfect for a date (not the first one though!), a walk with your friends, an occasion, but be careful when wearing it to work. Play it safe by donning a red scarf, for example, if you feel your office look is too boring. A red pencil skirt or a blazer will look fantastic too, but make sure it is in a deep tone and everything else is subdued.
As we have mentioned in the beginning of our article, red is a complicated color but it gives the wearer a certain feeling of freedom, confidence and sex appeal one simply can’t get from another hue. So, if you are willing to try it we wish you good luck!
- how to wear red
- how to wear a red dress
- red dress style tips
- what to wear with red skirt
- how to wear a red skirt
- what to wear with a red dress
- how to wear red skirt
- what to wear with red
- what to wear with a red dress in winter
- can you wear red and brown together