The detail, which was hugely criticized in the past for being too difficult to pull off, has returned with a modern twist to become one of the hottest trends of this season and win hearts of many fashionistas worldwide. Peplum is simpler and more interesting now. It has transformed into new, both bolder and more demure, shapes and is no longer something to be scared of.
Peplums on the Runway
Peplums come on elegant dresses and jackets, girlie blouses and tops, eccentric pants and shorts. And due to so many variations there are plenty of ways to wear them. However, if you decide to try this trend there are a few things you should take into account, for example the illusion peplum creates.
Peplums can have both a slimming and voluminous effect, cover your problem areas and accentuate the assets. Here are some tricks to take into account:
- To accentuate your waist, look for a peplum on a jacket that is short and sweet. It should end right above your hips. Use a belt.
- To add volume to your hips, wear a skirt (dress) with peplum that is puffy and fancy and ends in the mid-section of your hips.
- To make hips look narrower, opt for a sleek peplum with no volume which finishes after the widest area of your hips.
- Minimize a large bust by wearing a skirt with a darker color on peplum and a lighter color underneath.
- Go for a total black outfit with a peplum. It will have the biggest slimming effect.
A few more things to consider when choosing for a piece with a trendy peplum:
- Avoid A-line skirts with peplums, only pencil skirts will work to balance your body proportions right.
- The hem of your skirt (dress) should hit above the knee and just below it. If you go for a longer design you will look shorter because peplum tends to cut the length of legs.
- Wear high heels with peplums to keep proportions right.
- are peplum dresses slimming
- is peplum slimming
- what to wear with peplum skirt
- what to wear with red peplum skirt
- peplum slimming
- slimming peplum
- peplum for big bust
- are peplum looks slimming
- are peplum tops slimming
- spring trends