We often hear that clothes should fit perfectly. This is considered as one of the most important fashion rules. However, Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013 season offers us to forget about any rules and start experimenting in a BIG way. And when I say BIG I really mean it. Big and Oversize are going to be cool this season! Everything from cocoon coats to billowing trousers will be filling your wardrobe soon and all you will need is a couple of advice on how to make those look stylish.
Before we turn to the advice, let’s find out what oversize garments are going to be trendy during Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013.
What oversize items to wear
Coats – Coats come big this season, big and beautiful. Jil Sander coats are feminine and delicate. Mary Katrantzou and Francesco Scognamiglio coats are adorned with mesmerizing prints. Gucci and Moschino coats feature military elements.
Jackets, Sweaters, Cardigans and Tops – The variety is even larger here. Puffy rounded sleeves, asymmetrical hemlines, huge eccentric collars – are just a few elements you will have to choose from if you decide to buy an oversized top, jacket or a cardigan. Designers, who have presented their versions of these trendy items are Balenciaga, Chloe, Ports 1961 and others.
Trousers – We haven’t put the wide trousers (Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 trend) away yet when desgners offered us oversized trousers to try. They are the same but bigger, sometimes much bigger (See St.John, Sportmax, Robert Verino and MaxMara Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013 collections).
Skirts and Dresses – While clinging silhouettes are always in vogue, oversize ones are not, but for Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013 season you can make an exception and opt for puffy, ball-shaped and simply big skirts and dresses.
How to wear oversize fashion
- Pair your oversize item with something skinny or tight-fitting to create a contrast.
- Stay away from accessories to make the focus on an oversize item.
- The bigger the better. Use your oversize item one size up. But if you feel you’ve gone too far, use a belt to make sure your figure isn’t swamped.
- fall trend 2013
- fall winter 13 oversize
- is the trend to use a over size coat on 2013 for overweight woman
- jil sander oversized coat
- kids hot trends fall 2013
- oversize fashion fit
- oversized cardigan fall 2013 trend
- oversized winter coats
- trendy outfits fall 2013
- 2013 winter fashion rules